The word “perfume,” brings several thoughts to one’s mind. Primary among them would be a pleasant scent and then your favorite designer names.
This article will show you everything you need to know about perfumes and how you can select the right perfume for you. purchase lasting fragrances at affordable prices.
A Perfume is simply a substance made from essential oils which are extracted from flowers and spices that imparts a sweet-smelling fragrance when applied to the body. The name perfume is a Latin word, perfume and its history can be traced down to the Mesopotamians and the Egyptians. The first recorded account of perfume making carried out by a woman named Tapputi in Mesopotamia. She distilled flowers, oil, and calamus with other aromatics, women of the time were very enticed by them!
Perfumes have become a part of our daily dress up routine especially among women. Perfumes not only give one an aura of pleasantness but also suppresses the body’s natural odor which occurs especially when engaged in tedious activities.
The process of making perfumes involves a bit of science and is known as perfumery, and one who carries out this process is known as a perfumer. Although perfumes are made from essential oils, the making of this substance industrially requires the dissolution of a concentration of aromatic compounds in an excellent fragrance which is typically ethanol or a mixture of ethanol and water. The intensity and longevity of a perfume are based on the concentration, intensity, and longevity of the aromatic compounds, or perfume oils, used.
This fragrance is gotten from different sources including natural which include Floral, Oriental and Woody. To synthetic sources which include Aromatic Fougère, and Fresh. Interestingly too, perfumes have a musical interpretation. There are described in three (3) musical metaphors and they include;
- Head (Top) note, which is perceived instantly on application of a perfume.
- Heart (Middle) note, which acts to mask the often obnoxious initial impression of head notes. This becomes more pleasant with time.
- End (Base) note appears close to the departure of the middle notes. Base note brings solidity and depth to a perfume.
Having known this much about perfumes, the next question you’ll probably ask is, how can I have access to this much-desired fragrance? The answer is obvious, purchase it! Perfumes are easily available form any fashion shop or online. Choosing the perfect scent now becomes a problem because of the variety of perfumes we have today.
Thankfully we have outlined 9 steps to choosing the perfect perfume below:
- Only test six fragrances each trip. Don’t overload on fragrances.
- Sniff from the bottle first.
- Spray perfume on blotter sheets.
- Spray favorite perfumes on your skin.
- Refresh your nose.
- Ask for samples.
- Compare perfumes side by side.
- Consider purchasing a sampler set.
- Go with the perfume you feel most comfortable with.